Welcome to Part II of the Miami Valley Moms series – where we moms get to know each other and the Dayton area. Here we will interview moms all over the Miami Valley to get their opinion on everything from their favorite place for a date night to great parks in the area.
- Name: Kathi
- Age of children: 1 girl (13) Boy (9)
- Location: Oakwood
- Describe your parenting style in one word: Adaptive
- What is your favorite place to dine with children: Dewey’s Pizza (I go for the pizza – but the salads are equally awesome!)
- What is your favorite date night restaurant: Roost
- If you were going to meet a friend for a drink – where would we find you? Lucky’s or Flyboy’s Deli (If you haven’t been Flyboy’s has an awesome roof top patio looking out on downtown Oakwood)
- What App on Your Phone can you not live without: Mind Body Online (
- What cleaning product could you not live without: Ms. Meyers – great smells; keeps me sane.
- Favorite festival or event in Dayton to take your family to? CityFolk & Urban Nights & Garden Station events
- Favorite Non-Profit? Hospice of Dayton & Easter Seals Miracle Clubhouse (Miracle Clubhouse is SUCH an amazing organization – they are doing such great stuff in Dayton)
- Favorite Quote:
- Guilty Pleasure: TV Show Long Island Medium & Wine
- Favorite Word: No!
- Best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten & from whom: “Don’t take yourself too seriously” -Dad
- Biggest fear about raising your children: That one of them will get sick…
- Favorite playground or park: Orchardly Park and Hills & Dales Metro Park – especially the Natural Playground.
- What do you do daily or weekly to take care of you? Yoga & meditation
- Any last tips about Dayton you want to share with other momma’s in our great city? Encourage people to come down to Riverscape, there is so much going on there. Also – make sure you support all the amazing independent businesses in Dayton!
So great to meet you Kathi! Perfect timing to mention Riverscape…there are so many things going on THIS VERY weekend!
Check out our other Miami Valley Moms: