Adventure Reef Water Park is a MUST for every family’s summer bucket list and thanks to our sponsors at Play Kettering, we’re giving away FOUR passes to this awesome summer oasis! To win, all you have to do is be the first person to email us your completed coloring sheets (printable below). ***EDITED*** Our ticket winner has been chosen, but can still email us your coloring pages for the chance to win the gift card!
Good for: The Whole Family!
How to Go: 2900 Glengarry Dr. Kettering, OH 4542o
DMB Mom Tip: Pool toys are not allowed, so save yourself a trip back to the car and just leave them at home. (Floaties and puddle jumpers are okay though!)
Summer is full of dreams and the opportunity to create the kind of memories that last a lifetime! And while big vacations are certainly great, there is a ton of local fun right here on our 2018 summer bucket list to keep you plenty busy!
Take us with you and be entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card at the end of the summer!
Print off the coloring pages linked below and have your kids draw a picture in the photo box of what you’re doing, and share it with us. Whether you’re on a vacation, hanging local, or doing something else really awesome – we would love to see how you’re spending your days! Snap a photo of the artwork and share it on Instagram so we can see it.
Tag us @daytonmomsblog and use the hashtag #DMBsummer18 or you can email it to [email protected] At the end of the summer, we will pull all of the posts with the #DMBsummer18 hashtag and will pick a winner for a $25 gift card to Amazon!
Live It Up, Local Style
- Grab Bill’s Donuts as a family. Encourage everyone to pick a different donut and share!
- Try to catch a fly ball at a Dayton Dragon’s game.
- Cool off at the Air Force Museum.
- Ride the Carousel at Carillon.
- Stop at Young’s for ice cream, stay for the goats and cows!
- See the butterflies at Cox Arboretum.
- Watch the fountains at Riverscape.
- Stargaze at Boonshoft.
- Splash around and shop at the Greene.
Family Focused Fun
- Go tech free for a day.
- Take a day trip to the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Check out a new playground.
- Go bowling.
- Spend a day volunteering.
- Head north for a day trip to Cedar Point or head south for a day and have a King’s Island adventure.
- Go swimming or visit a local splash playground.
- Catch a flick (or two) at the Dixie Twin Drive-In Theater.
- Paint & hide a kindness rock.
Make Time for an Outdoor Adventure
- Start a family garden.
- Visit the animals at Aullwood Audubon Farm & Center. Take home some fresh farm eggs when you leave.
- Make your own popsicles with juice and eat them in your backyard.
- Sip a brew or two at a local brewery.
- Hike Yellow Springs.
- Search for a waterfall in one of Dayton’s Metroparks.
- Fly a kite at Oak Grove Park.
- Play checkers in Wegerzyn Gardens.
- Splash in the creek and search for fossils at Patricia Allyn Park.
- Visit a local farmer’s market and buy ingredients to make dinner
- Explore the Butler County Donut Trail.
- Go to a food truck rally.
- Pack a family picnic and eat it at a local park.
- Try a new (to you) restaurant.
- Eat berries fresh off the vine/plant
- Try an authentic New Orleans style snowball in Troy at Ducky’s Snowballs and Ice Cream
Immerse Yourself in the Arts
- Take a trip to the Dayton Art Institute.
- Participate in the Summer Reading Program at your local library.
- Check out a local concert.
- Create a sidewalk chalk mural depicting something you love about Dayton.
- Introduce the kids to a movie from your childhood.
- Build a city out of Legos with your family.
- Go to a concert at the Fraze.
Hang Around Home
- Have a living room or backyard campout.
- Create an obstacle course in your yard.
- Roast marshmallows for s’mores.
- Get some sparklers for some after-dinner fun.
- Catch fireflies.
- Check out a stack of books from the library and spend an afternoon in a hammock reading.
- Have a family water balloon fight.
- Build a backyard fort.
What would YOU add to our bucket list?