Fireworks, popsicles and watermelon! Oh my!!
Summer is in full swing, get out and take advantage of all there is to do in Dayton this July. After all, back to school is just around the corner…
1. First things first… Because it is July, if you are looking for 4th of July Festivities, we have you covered in THIS POST.
***DMB Mom Tip*** Bring a blanket and dress in your PJ’s for a 9:30ish start time.
- July 7th
- Cost: FREE
- It does get crowded, so go early claim your spot and sit to have a picnic dessert or play a card game until the show starts.
***DMB Mom Tip*** Check out some dinosaur books from the library to read before you go.
- July 9th
- Channel your inner Indiana Jones (is that still a relevant reference?) by digging up some dinosaur bones and putting together clues to see which dino they belong to.
- Cost is $5 for Kettering residents and $7 for non-residents. Two sessions to choose from starting at either 12 or 1pm.
4. County Fair Season is upon us!! With so many great county fairs in the area, why choose just one?
***DMB Mom Tip*** Get there early to take advantage of slightly lower crowds and easier parking!
- Montgomery County Fair – July 10th to July 15th
- Clinton County Fair – July 8th to July 13th
- Logan County Fair – July 10th to July 16th
- Warren County Fair – July 17th to July 22nd
- Butler County Fair – July 23rd to July 29th
- Clark County Fair – July 21st to July 26th
- Shelby County Fair – July 23rd to July 29th
For more detailed county fair information, check out this post HERE!
***DMB Mom Tip*** Best day for kids is Sunday!
- July 14th – July 16th
- Enjoy cornhole tournaments, free music and, of course, amusement rides.
***DMB Mom Tip*** Bring your camera, there will be great photo opportunities at this one!
- Peak season for the butterfly house starts in July.
- Visitors can get an up-close encounter with butterfly eggs, caterpillars, butterflies emerging from their chrysalises, adult butterflies and native moths.
***DMB Mom Tip*** Check the weather before you go, this one is weather dependent.
- July 26th
- Ages 2-6 with caregiver at 10:00 am
- This is a guided story time followed by an adventure in the park.
***DMB Mom Tip***All proceeds benefit SICSA. Family fun for a good cause!
- July 18th at 6:30 pm
- Come with a picture of your pet and let the experts from Decoy Art Studio in Beavercreek guide you in at artistic representation of your furry friend.
***DMB Mom Tip***Dewey’s pizza will deliver to your outdoor seat and you can have a picnic under the stars.
- July 21st
- Movie starts at 9:15, but get there early for Kids Obstacle Course and prizes
***DMB Mom Tip*** Make sure you stay until after duck to see the balloon glow portion of the event.
- July 21st & 22nd
- This unique event includes a hot air balloon race, night glow balloons, carnival rides and a firework show.
- Parking is $10 and a shuttle is provided.
11. Summer Races
***DMB Mom Tip*** Family friendly races are a great way to get out and enjoy the summer while getting some exercise together.
- Troy Kids Triathalon – Sunday July 16th at 7:30 am at the Troy Aquatic Park.
- Little Pats Lap/Patriot 5K – July 30th 8:30am at Carroll High School. Kids 7 and under race a 400m, if desired, or join their parents and friends to race the full 5k. Strollers welcome.
- 1/2 Way to Christmas – Half Marathon, 10k, 5k and 1 Mile Run – July 22 in Miamisburg. With a tree lighting at sunrise and appearances by Santa and the elves, this race is one in a million. Strollers welcome.
***DMB Mom Tip*** Download a map before you go so you don’t get lost in the crowds.
- July 28th to July 30th
- Admission is FREE
- A local staple, definitely worth going to, but be prepared for a crowd.