You know those friends you have who totally rave about Costco? And every time you ask them where that came from (whether it’s a dark-chocolate-covered pretzel or yoga pants) they say “Costco!”? Well, I’m one of those people. In fact, a bunch of the Dayton Moms Blog team are those people. We truly love the quality and value that Costco provides for our families. so if you’ve been considering Costco, we strongly recommend snagging a membership BEFORE the holidays! Here’s why…
- Upgrade your toolbox – before all the cooking starts! I’ve been married 10 years and so many of my kitchen supplies already need to be replaced. Quality knives, serving dishes, cookware sets, cutlery, small appliances – you name it – they’ve got it. This year I saw a great deal on a set of four white serving bowls, stemless wine glasses and a 24 pack of food storage containers. Also, if someone wanted to pass a note to Santa that I’d love a new knife set, I would not be mad.
**Any images with prices reflect the prices when the images were taken. Prices are subject to change.
- Have Turkey Day your way! Whether you are the type that loves to get up at the crack of dawn to put the turkey in the oven and make everything from scratch or the type that wants a meal for 12 that you can prep in 90 minutes, Costco has your back. I mocked up exactly what I would do today and my mouth watered just thinking about it: Roasted Turkey Breasts with Sausage Cornbread Stuffing and Cranberry Orange Glaze, Steamed Broccoli , Mac n Cheese, Butternut Squash Soup, Bakery Rolls and Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Roll for dessert (or both, because you can). You know how much of that I would have to make? None. You know how much of that I would have to cut? The pie, if we didn’t just circle around it with forks.
- It’s about to be cold and flu season. Our winter Costco list includes cough drops, natural cold and flu remedies (like Zarbees), vitamins and immune boosters.
- Be ready for house guests. Costco has a great selection of high-quality housewares that give your home just the spruce when guests are coming to stay: new pillows, bath towels, sheet sets, bathroom rugs and coffee table books. Oh, and if you’ve been putting it off – they even have mattresses that I’ve heard great things about!
- Decorating for the holidays. Is it me, or are we buying lights every single year these days? My post-season Walmart finds just aren’t cutting it for long, and Costco has a terrific selection of high-quality colored and white LED lights, those cool icicle lights and (for those that don’t love hanging lights) the projection laser lights!
- Make your list and check off every single person. Do you have an artist? A princess? A superhero? A car-lover? A kitchen maven? There are so many great choices. Seriously, high quality, name brand toys and gifts at competitive prices. And for those that don’t fit in any category? Tons of books, wine, sweets and great deals on gift cards.
- Wrap your gifts. Scissors, tape, ribbon, wrapping paper, tissue paper and giant bags of bows – you’ll basically be Martha Stewart with all the beautiful wrapping. If you’re a little less Martha (like me!) they also have a super pack of gift bags and tissue paper in assorted sizes.
- Be winter ready. They have all the gear: shovels and salt (including the pet-safe kind) plus snow suits, gloves, boots and various types of jackets and fleece. If you’re more adventurous than the typical snowman building day or two here in Ohio they also have snowshoes, snow boards and fancy ski goggles! Various types of jackets and fleece.
- Make all your healthy resolutions easier. Whole 30, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Organic – Costco makes it easier to do any or all of these (and less painful on the wallet!). Plus, they have a great selection of vitamins and natural supplements for both adults and kids!
- Start saving on everyday favorites! Peanut butter, coffee, chicken stock, tortilla chips and laundry detergent. We mostly buy Costco brand at this point because we’ve been super pleased with the quality for the price, but they have lots of name-brand favorites too. Never be afraid to try a Kirkland Brand product because it’s the same or better than the name brand (and if you don’t love it, it’s guaranteed!).