February is already here! Chances are, it’s still pretty chilly out, but we’ve got a great list of activities this month that are sure to warm your heart!
DMB Bonus Pick of the Month!
Millet Hall 500 E Sycamore, Oxford, OH
The energy is infectious! The comedy is acrobatic! The tickets are discounted for our followers! Grab your lasso and snag show-only tickets for $5 OFF here: Bit.ly/CirqueDeal
Wanna make it extra special? Choose the dinner AND show option and enjoy saloon-themed dinner and drinks (s’mores pie anyone?!).
- Friday Mornings at 10am, Saturday Mornings at 11am
- Open to kids 5 & under
- $10 per child
Toddler Time is a great way to burn some energy during these long winter months & you don’t have to worry about older kids accidentally bouncing your little ones to the moon!
- Open daily – check the website for various times
- Admission fee: $5 daily, Skate Rental Fee: $2 daily
- Kids 3 & Under are admitted free with a paying adult
- Concessions available
Take advantage of the Riverscape Iceskating rink before it disappears at the end of the month!
- February 2nd 6:30-9pm, February 3rd 9am-3pm
- Lunch can be purchased with ticket for Saturday
- Tickets range from $49.95-$59.20
- This is a mom-only event (no kids)
Author, Heidi St. John, will be leading this MomStrong conference empowering moms to face the struggles and challenges of everyday life through a relationship with God and other moms.
- February 8th at 4:30pm
- Open to ages 4-9
- Rocks & paint will be provided
Kids will get to join in on the rock painting & hunting craze by painting their own Valentines themed rocks. At the end, they will take a short hike to hide their rocks for others to find (or they can keep it if they want to).
5) Antioch Shrine Circus @ the UD Arena
** DMB Tip: Go to a dollar store beforehand and purchase a few glow necklaces or bracelets for your kids so you can tempt them away from the more expensive souvenirs they’re sure to sell there!
- February 9-11 (times vary)
- Ticket Prices range from $12-$28
- All ages
Did you know that the Antioch Shrine Circus is an event that originated in Dayton? This year they’re bringing brand new acts too!
- February 9-11
- Ticket prices range from $18-$34
- Food & concessions available for purchase
This traveling dinosaur show features over 80 life-sized animatronic dinosaurs, dino babies, “walking” dinos, science stations, crafts, a bounce-house area, fossil digs, rides, & more!
- February 10th 9am-2pm
- Breakfast & Lunch provided
- Childcare is not available
Have you ever been interested in opening up your home to a child in need of a safe haven? This is your chance to find out more information about this incredible resource available here in Dayton.
8) Mardi Gras
**DMB Tip: King Cake is like a deliciously over-sized cinnamon roll & is a must-try!
- February 13th
- Celebrated yearly the day before Ash Wednesday
Although it’s nearly impossible to find a good old-fashioned Mardi Gras parade up here in Dayton, you can still celebrate with a delicious King Cake from Dorothy Lane Market or grab some cardboard boxes for your kids to decorate as “floats” and have your own parade! This former Louisianian will be doing both!
9) Valentine’s’ Day
**DMB Tip: If you’re a Valentine’s Day nay-sayer, take the day as an excuse just to be extra kind to others!
- February 14th
Here’s a fun and meaningful idea: get your kids to make some cards and bring them to a nearby nursing home, fire department, or wherever you feel drawn to! It would brighten their day and yours!
- February 17th
- Free admission
Learn about both natural & man-made satellites while taking a closer look at how GPS works. Demos & hands-on activities available throughout the museum.
- February 22-25
- Adults $8, Children 9 & under are Free
- Free admission on Thursday & Friday for military with ID
See the latest & greatest models featured from 25 different manufacturers! Toyota & Fiatt will offer “drive centers.” A balloon artist and face painter will be on hand for the kids too!
12) Nocturnal Nature Series: Full Moon and S’mores Hike @ Bill Yeck Park
**DMB Tip: Look for hidden painted rocks along the path – #CWPDrocks
- February 28th from 7-8:30pm
- Free for CWPD Residents, $4 for non-residents
- All ages
Enjoy a peaceful evening hike at the Smith Entrance to Bill Yeck Park followed by a warm & cozy campfire complete with s’mores!