August brings us a bounty of beautiful summer produce, but it also brings busy schedules as kids go back to school and we get back into our fall routines. This leaves little time for cooking dinner and since the weather is still nice, we’d rather not spend extra time in the kitchen anyway! So make your dinner time dash a breeze with these super simple recipes that highlight the best of summer produce.
1. Caprese Couscous: Serve with grilled chicken and bonus point if you eat dinner al fresco!
2. Avocado Salmon Salad with Kale: This salad calls for kale, but it would be great with whatever lettuces or hearty greens you have available.
3. Fresh Melon Salsa: This melon salsa tastes like summer! Serve it on top of simply grilled fish or meat.
4. Fiery Wok-Seared Green Beans: Green beans are great this time of year so we love that they are the star of the show here. Serve them with grilled or sautéed tofu.
5. Summer Squash and Goat Cheese Pizza: A different way to use summer squash! This pizza is great as a main dish and is equally tasty cut in small pieces and served at room temperature as an appetizer.