1.) I Can Cook Youth Series at Gerhardt Civic Center – Moraine, OH
***DMB Tip –You don’t need to preregister – just pop in as you are out and about!
- March 1st; 5-6:30pm
- Drop-in cooking class for ages 6-10
- Participants will be able to experience new foods and techniques while becoming confident in the kitchen.
2.) [email protected] – Dayton, OH
***DMB Tip: This is an amazing and powerful event for your kids ages 14-19- they need to register and can bring an adult with them.
- March 3; 8:30am-1:30pm
- [email protected] is an initiative of TEDxDayton, to encourage the trailblazers of tomorrow to dig deep and speak up!
- The event will include dynamic young speakers with ideas worth sharing; developing entertainers with unique sounds; a delicious lunch; and active participation throughout the day.
3.) Charlotte’s Web at the Beavercreek Community Theatre – Beavercreek, OH
***DMB Tip: Start taking you kids to local theater – its a much better temp reading on how they will behave before you move on to the Victoria or Schuster.
- March 3rd, 4th, 11th, 19th; 7pm & March 5th, 12th; 3pm
- Amazing low cost & low commitment way to expose your kids to the arts- since you never know how they will like it.
- Bring the whole family for this story of friendship and diversity.
***DMB Tip: Inspire your kids to get into science – not by adults showing them – but let them see other kids doing great things!
- March 4; Noon – 1pm
- Montgomery County Science Day and Engineering Fair have, on average, 325 – 400 bright, young and eager participants from 23+ local schools. More than 120 professionals in various disciplines from the Dayton and surrounding areas are on hand at the University of Dayton to judge projects in 13 scientific areas, ranging from Behavioral Science to Zoology.
5.) Maple Sugaring & Pancake Breakfast at Bellbrook Middle School – Bellbrook, OH
***DMB Tip: Want to make your own syrup? You can Rent-A-Sugar bucket for the year and watch your bucket collect sap from the tree all season.
- March 4; 8:30am – 11:30am
- Enjoy a pancake breakfast served with maple syrup made from the trees in the Narrows Reserve.
- After breakfast take a tour of the sugar camp to see how the syrup is made.
6. ) National Geographic Live: Steve Winter – Victoria Theatre – Dayton, OH
***DMB Tip: The animal lovers in your family will love this event- but its probably best to leave those under 8 at home – some of the stories might frighten them
- March 6; 7pm
- If you have an older animal lover – this is a can’t miss event.
- Steve is a big cat photographer who will share the Beauty of Big Cats. He is an explorer who will talk about his adventures through mountains and rain forests – sharing both his lighter moments and dangerous encounters.
7.) Carroll High School St. Pat’s Fest – Dayton, OH
***DMB Tip- Don’t miss the Zoot Theater Puppet Show, if you’ve never seen them – they are amazing!
- March 10 & 11
- Fish fry, Irish food, Irish dancing and traditional music all day (adults gambling at nightJ)!
- Kids/Family activities include tons of games, carnival, Zoot Theatre Puppet Show, Irish dancing and Leprechaun Magic show.
8.) St. Patrick’s Day Family Swim at Goldfish Swim Schools – Centerville, OH
***DMB Tip – Use this time as a chance to explore the school for a low cost!
- March 17; 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Colorful snacks, colorful crafts & swimming in crystal clear, 90 degree water!
9.) Brick Blowout at WACO Air Museum – Troy, OH
***DMB Tip – Have legos laying around that you need to sell – you can bring them to the Lego market and sell or trade with other vendors.
- March 18; Noon – 5pm
- Think LEGO everything!
- Building contest, Building zone, Lego market, scavenger hunt…
- Lego movie with popcorn at 1pm & 3pm
10) Meteorology Mania at the National Museum of the US Air Force – Dayton, OH
***DMB Tip – If you can’t make this event, don’t worry, they do specific family events all summer long!
- March 18
- This family day you will learn about various aspects of weather.
- Kids and adults can participate in hands-on activities that show how weather effects flying.
11) Rita’s Italian Ice: 25th Annual First Day of Spring Free Italian Ice Giveaway – Kettering, OH
***DMB Tip-Don’t forget to sign the family up for the Birthday Club to get a free treat on your birthday
- March 20; Noon
- Every year Rita’s celebrates the of Spring by giving you & your family free Italian Ice!
- Come out and celebrate the season and be one of the 1-million cups they give away!
12) Cirque Du Soleil – Toruk at Wright State University Nutter Center – Fairborn, OH
***DMB Tip – If possible sit on the end – you’re kids (and you) will get the treat of interacting with the roaming clowns!
- March 22 – 26
- Cirque is an amazing Circus unlike any other – complete with clowns and intense acrobatics.
- There traveling shows come to Dayton generally every year or two and are not to be missed!
And…DON’T MISS Goldfish Swim School’s
Friday March 24 | 6:30-8:30
What we know about our friends at Goldfish is that they LOVE calling Dayton home and they know how to throw a party! So if you couldn’t make it to the St. Patrick’s Day Swim (or if you just need a reason to swim in 90 degree water in March!) come on by for water fun, snacks, crafts and more! *As always, children 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult when swimming.
***DMB Tip – Ask the Goldfish team about special deals on lessons available during the event!