As a parent, you hope and pray every day for your children to be safe and healthy. You never want to see them in pain or in harm’s way. But when they get sick or injured, you also want to know you have trusted resources nearby to help them get better.
Dayton may not be the largest city in the world, or the country, or the state, but that doesn’t mean we are lacking for important resources. Many cities the size of Dayton do not have their own dedicated children’s hospital. In fact, in some states there is only one children’s hospital for the entire state! But for families in the Dayton region, Dayton Children’s is right down the road ready to care for kids from broken bones to brain surgeries.
On June 11, from 1-4 pm, all members of the Dayton community are invited to a celebration at Dayton Children’s. This celebration will include an open house and tours to mark the opening of a new patient tower in the middle of the hospital’s main campus. For four years, this tower has taken shape and as patients move in to the new spaces in July and September, it will truly transform care for the kids of our region.
The new tower will transform care by providing:
- Better outcomes: The newly designed newborn intensive care unit will feature single-family rooms allowing for an enhanced care experience for the hospital’s tiniest patients.
- Continuity of care: For the first time, the Mills Family Comprehensive Cancer and Blood Disorders Center will combine inpatient and outpatient care in one location.
- Life-saving technology: The new Wallace Critical Care Complex will allow for more space for critical technology while maximizing efficiency and improving patient safety.
- Optimal healing environment: Patients requiring an overnight stay will benefit from the enhanced general pediatrics inpatient unit which will feature larger single-family rooms, improved technology and upgraded family amenities.
5 reasons you should come to the community open house and celebration
- It’s free!: This event is free and open to the public. There will be plenty of activities for kids and adults of all ages!
- There will be fun activities for kids: Along with touring the tower, we will have booths set up with different community partners with lots of fun activities for kids. From bottle rockets to things that fly crafts, your kiddos won’t want to leave the fun!
- Be among the first: You will be among some of the first people in Dayton to see this brand new facility before patients begin to move in in June.
- You’re supporting your local community: By touring this new space and learning all about the amazing features being brought to this community, we promise you will leave filling your “reasons I love Dayton” meter to the brim!
- You may be surprised: This new space isn’t your normal hospital. By touring the spaces you will find yourself amazed and delighted by all of the special features put into Dayton Children’s to make it just right for our families!
Date: June 11 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Where: Dayton Children’s main campus, 1 Children’s Plaza, Dayton
Learn more: Click HERE!