September is National Courtesy Month, which is the perfect time when school is back in session and stress levels start to rise to take the time to pause and focus on being more courteous towards each other.
Here’s a handy list to help you be more mindful about practicing simple courtesy. Be sure to use #daytonmomsblog and #nationalcourtesymonth and post on social media whenever you remember to be courteous or experience someone else’s display of courtesy!
- Hold the door for someone.
- Say please & thank you.
- Bring some cookies to your neighbor.
- Help someone with a weekend project.
- Be a good listener.
- Invite another family over for dinner.
- Leave a generous tip.
- Put your phone away & be present in the moment.
- Let go of the little things.
- Don’t get frazzled by waiting.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Let someone in while driving.
- Paint & hide a rock.
(Check out #daytonohiorocks or #cwpdrocks on Facebook for more info on the rock craze!)