It’s time to get serious about summer and we are here to help with our 2017 guide to Dayton area summer camps! Water, art, sports, nature and more…
You can’t go wrong with any of these options. We don’t remember camp being this amazing when we were kids!
Mini University Summer Camp
June 5th - August 18th
Mini University’s all-inclusive, full-day summer camp is where children will explore and learn all summer long. Our staff is highly educated and amazing with kids who don’t want to be in “daycare”, but still need a watchful eye and things to do. Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack are all included, and no extra transportation/field trip fees! Your child will have fun and learn something new every day with two field trips per week, plus swimming every Wednesday! On days when there is no field trip planned, children will have space to “hang out” in our air conditioned classrooms, and play outside on our ginormous playgrounds. Our Early Bird discount is only available through March 31st, so register early! Have fun, explore, and LEARN with Mini U!
- Open to campers ages 6-11 years old.
Art Camps with Decoy Art Studio
Available Seasonally and Throughout the Year
Engage, explore and create with new mediums and themes each week as Decoy’s artists lead students to imagine with endless possibilities! Drawing, painting, clay, sculpting, and printing are just a few of the awesome projects to take place! All students receive a camp t-shirt and some camp weeks visit our awesome neighbors, the Beavercreek Pizza Dive, to make their own lunch as well. Visit our website for more dates, project info and registration.
- Open to campers 6 – 14 years old.
June 18th - August 12th
Recognized throughout the Midwest as Ohio’s premier private camp, Falcon Camp has been chosen as “Top Ten Camp in USA” and selected as the “Coolest Camp in Ohio”. Falcon offers a beautiful lakefront setting and wide variety of activities. Program includes horseback riding, sailing, mountain biking, canoeing, drama, video arts, riflery, archery and more! Boys and girls ages 6-16 are separate with planned coed events.
- American Camp Association Accredited Camp
- Open to campers 6-16 years old.
- 2, 4, 6 and 8 week options.
- Special one week intro “Young Adventures” program for 6-9 year olds.
Aullwood Summer Earth Adventures
June 5th - August 4th
Registration Information Coming in April!
Summer Earth Adventures classes at Aullwood offer exciting hands-on activities that enable children to explore the world of nature and farming. Through outdoor adventures, children develop an awareness and concern for the Earth. Children might meet an owl, explore a pond, experience life on a farm or search for insects and animals in the prairie, marsh, forest or stream.
- Options for 2-3 years old, including both classes with parents and classes without parents.
- Classes for Preschool age children through 8th Grade.
- Most classes run from 9:30am-12pm.
Fast Track at Aqua-Tots
Seasonally and Throughout the Year
Fast Track is a fast-paced program that runs Mon-Thur for 2 weeks with eight 30-minute lessons. Classes are small with a 4:1 student/instructor ratio. The program enhances a child’s swimming skills through repetition. Students can still attend their weekly lessons during Fast Track or choose to take a make-up pass to use at a later date. We also offer private Fast Track session at an additional cost.
- 2017 Schedule will include afternoon and evening times to suit family schedules.
- Week long Fast Track sessions are offered during Spring and Winter breaks as well.
- Fast Track is ideal for kids ages
Several, 1-Week Camp Options
Kids get to learn what they love by creating video games, producing stop-motion animation movies, coding computer programs, modding with Minecraft, or engineering LEGO robots in a Classroom Antics Tech Camp! Space is limited, register today and join other kids creating with technology this summer.
- Open to campers age 7-14 years old.
- Locations vary, see list below for details.
- June 12-16 – Mason
- June 19-23 – Liberty Township
- June 26-30 – Springboro
- June 26-30 – Fairfield
- July 10-14 – Mason
- July 24-28 – Mason
- July 31-August 4 – Liberty Township
Pre-College Programs at Wright State University
June 5th - August 4th
Hands-on science, math, computers, languages, culture, history, literature, writing, leadership, and more! Join Pre-College Programs at Wright State University for a wide variety of summer enrichment opportunities designed to encourage your child’s creativity and enthusiasm for learning!
“My kids kept learning all summer while having fun, better than day care.” (Parent, 2016)
- Day camps available for students entering K-9th grade.
- Residential camps available for students entering 6th-12th grade.
June 26th - July 28th
Air Camp (a 501 c3) is an exciting, hands-on camp for students to explore the vast world of STEM through the lens of aviation and aeronautics. Our students visit multiple sites/businesses daily throughout the greater Dayton area where they engage with STEM professionals and participate in various challenges. Our programming is designed to expand the number of students who pursue STEM education and career opportunities with an emphasis on skills related to scholarship, leadership and citizenship. Apply online today @ www.aircampusa and soar into your future!
- Day camp serves grades 4 – 6
- Resident Camp serves grades 7 – 9
Nike Basketball Camp Kettering
June 10th - July 13th
- Open to campers age 8-15 years old.
Animal Adventure Camp
June 5th - July 28th
- Spring Break camp option available.
- Ages vary by camp.
Kings Domain Camps
Two, 1 Week Sessions
- Open to campers grades 1 – 12.
- Overnight options available.
Dragon Chess Center Camps
Two, 1 Week Sessions
- Open to campers 6 years and up
- Beginning and Intermediate/Advanced options available.